old

My poor old 405 had to go it started to cost for bits not labour as i can do it myself, also it had 340.000 and did not burn any oil or water,dont miss it as the heater did not work every well, was going to work on that but did not get time to .now got corsa diesel doing very well .

Reply to
Chris

"Chris" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@orbsrealm.com...

Is english your native language?

Reply to
Linea Recta

Reply to
Chris

"Chris" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@orbsrealm.com...

Because I couldn't make sense of your sentences :-) Anyway, I'm happy my Peugeot just passed APK again for 29 euro. I do have to get new front tyres though (after 7 years)...

Reply to
Linea Recta

Well you have to understand english in some cases,

Reply to
Chris

Bit rough when a Kraut criticises your English. Where is Captain Mannering when you need him?

Reply to
Ken

Mainwaring.

Reply to
Tinkerer

"Tinkerer" schreef in bericht news:j9ru06$r07$ snipped-for-privacy@news.albasani.net...

Who'se a kraut? :-))

Reply to
Linea Recta

$ snipped-for-privacy@news.albasani.net...

.

OK - I got the nationality wrong. What is the Dutch equivalent? Looking for clues I got: 'Apart from cheese and tulips, the main product of Holland is advocaat, a drink made from lawyers. '

Reply to
Ken

They are noted for having their finger in rather than getting it out. Or at least the small boy in the story was. ;o)

Reply to
Tinkerer

--- quote ---

OK - I got the nationality wrong.

--- quote ---

Yes, that too...

Reply to
Linea Recta

All this about national stereotypes reminded me that a Dutchman once told me that they called Germans 'muffs'. Apparently in some past invasion the Hollanders were amused at the way the kraut soldiers wore heavy muffs slung from their necks to keep their hands warm (removing them to use their rifles).

Reply to
Ken

I read in a Bill Bryson book, in Belgium the Waloons and the Flemish dislike each other but are united in their hatred of the French and Dutch. Funny old world isn't it.

Reply to
Tinkerer

.

om...

I recall a depressing story in Time, maybe 40 - 50 years ago, about a protest rally in Belgium by one of the groups you mention, presumably the Flemings (who are of Dutch origin). Afterwards the ground was covered with hundreds of dead day-old chicks which, apparently, some fanatic had handed out for people to strangle, expressing their feelings towards the French-speaking Walloons. (don't mention that one to the Tea Party!)

Reply to
Ken