Over reving 306 Diesel

I have a 306 XLD no turbo, after mindwipe saved my life with the keypad problem I now have another. The engine idles at 1500 revs. I have adjusted all that is obvious but it still over revs? Also the rev counter bounces all over the place although I suspect I have not fitted it back on the engine properly as I am a bit of a novice.

Any help would be appreciated guys!

Reply to
The_General_White_5

for the rev counter prob try adjusting the position of the sensor

if you cant get the revs down in the usual manner it may be that the pump is over advanced and needs adjusting on its mountings

Reply to
mindwipe

Thanks Mindwipe. I will give it a go and see where I get.

Reply to
The_General_White_5