peugeot 106 heat indicator problem

Can anyone advise as to meaning of my 106's heat indicator occasionally straying into the red and the red light going on? It's only happened once recently and then calmed down and hasn't done so again, despite me watching it nervously most journeys since. Also, have seen the oil light briefly come on then go off again recently a couple of times.

I've filled the water up and made sure the oil's at a reasonable level, and am just hoping it isn't symptomatic of something more serious. it's a 106 1.4 litre (1.3) 1997 model and is usually good as gold.

Any thoughts/tips would be appreciated. Cheers - Paul R.

Reply to
Paul R.