Peugeot 106 Lights

I wonder if anyone has any ideas about a problem I'm having with a Peugeot

106. Some of the lights on the car have started to malfunction.

  1. Part of the dashboard does not light up, but the headlights and the area near the speedometer etc id fine. When I break, the rest of the dashboard lights up whilst I have the break on, the moment I release the lights go off..

But wait, there's more.

  1. If I have start the indicator, the rate of the on-off on the indicator is normal, but when I break it flicks rapidly until I take my foot off the break.

I friend of mine said it was the relay and we replaced it, but that didn't do anything. I have checked all the fuses and they all seem O.K. Does anyone have any ideas before I get mugged at a garage?

Reply to
RaPa

check all the rear light bulbs are fitted correctly and in the right places also check the rear lights earth

Reply to
Mindwipe

My guess is one of the brake bulbs has shorted out inside the bulb OR one of the printed circuits of the rear lights has corroded. Try disconnecting the light units in turn and then try the dash lights or indicators. Whichever one cures the problem check the printed circuit for corrosion and look at the bulbs. Is there any sign of water in the light units?

Reply to
Nigel

Reply to
RaPa