peugeot 306 1.9td

hi does any1 know how i can get round a problem with a 306? the problem is that i had a recon engine put in my 306 diesel that is now out of waranty and fir some unknown reason it keeps chewing up timing belts within 20-30 miles as in keeps catchin on the timing belt cover and it ends up being half as wide as the belt should be.

ive tried changing all the belt tensioners and pulleys but still does the same thing ive even changed the diesel injection pump so if anyone can throw light on this problem or if any1 has got the same problem as me please let me know how you overcame the problem

all replys please to tne news group

thanx in advance for any1 who can help:)

Reply to
darren alvey