306 cambelt

Does anyone know when the cambelt should be changed on a 306? I have seen a 1.8 306xs for sale it's 6 years old with just over 60,000 on the clock, I'm just wondering when it needs to be changed and how much roughly would a dealer charge for the job.

Thanks for any help

Reply to
Dave

change it ASAP. book says 72k or 5 years dealer price is around £200 my local mechanic did mine for £40 plus the belt belts are £30 from Pug, or £10 from DIY store

Reply to
SimonDS

I think Pug recommend 72k, although if lots of short journeys are done people recommend half that (36k). When I had it done 2-3 years ago on our

306 we were charged about £75 by Peugeot (total price was - I think - around £150 which was for front brake discs and the cam-belt). This was Pug Aldershot BTW.

Hope that helps.

David

Reply to
David Hearn

"David Hearn" wrote: > Dave wrote: > > Does anyone know when the cambelt should be changed on a > 306? > > I have seen a 1.8 306xs for sale it's 6 years old with just > over > > 60,000 on the clock, I'm just wondering when it needs to be > changed > > and how much roughly would a dealer charge for the job. > >

I was told 60k ... then forgot about it. Then mine went at 71k.

Reply to
gingermark

for the parts

Haynes book of lies for the instructions and it should take about 2 hours.

While you are at it do the tensioner, if it fails it is as good as the belt snapping.

Reply to
Martin

And I would definitely recommend using a belt from the dealer, change the auxilliary belt too, and check all the tensioners. Any decent garage should be able to do it.

Reply to
Nigel