Peugeot 307 hdi 90 noise

When I am changing down gears I can hear a rather loud whining noise that slows down as I slow down and then speeds up as i speed up... I cant hear this in 4th and 5th gear... Can anyone help?

Reply to
sgibson1980

Mine has always done that at low speed, but if this noise has suddenly come on, then check, or get someone to check, the gear box oil level.

Reply to
Brian

If I do a gearbox oil change then, whats the best type of oil to refill with and how much does it need, or is there a level..

"Brian" wrote

Reply to
sgibson1980