PEUGEOT 406 HEADLIGHT AND INDICATOR STALK ARM SWITCH

Peugeot 406 1998 1.8 LX headlight and indicator stalk arm switch.

any idea of price new or used and ease / difficulty of removing / fitting.

Reply to
/\BratMan/\

Assuming it's the same as my GLX V reg it's a doddle. It goes a bit like this:

  • undo torx head screws on underside of (plastic) steering column covers (you might need to release the steering wheel adjust lever)
  • undo (2 IIRC) torx head screws holding switch block in place
  • remove switch block, disconnect cables along the way (only disconnect cables going to the switch block, airbag cables are nearby and not worth playing with.
  • refitting is a reversal of removal as they say.

Takes less than 10 minutes.

If it's the indicators sticking on even though the lever is recentred you can refurbish the switch - it took me 2 goes to get it reliable but it works. Essentially you open the switch carefully (the springs won't try too hard to escape) clean out metal scraps and possible reshape the contactor with a needle file - it's very soft (like solder) and the contact strips are proper metal, so the contactor wears away.

HTH Chris

Reply to
Chris Hodges

It certainly did, thanks for that.