Power Steering Fluid

Hi, I have a Peugeot 307 51 plate, and need to top up the power steering fluid. In the Haynes manual and on the Peugeot website it states that I need to use the Total Fluide DA for it, what I wanted to know is I have some Slick 50 fluid that someone bought me thinking they were helping.

Can I use this without causing damage, Is there any specific reason you have to use the fluide da?

Regards Robert

Reply to
Robert Lampard

in a word "NO" slick 50 as far as I know goes in the gear box or the engine.to protect against friction.

GGJ

Reply to
Gary G Jones

NO dont put that in the power steering, that is made for engine and gearbox never heard about one for the power steering.

Reply to
Chris

Slick 50 do make power steering fluid (not an additive):

Whether or not it's compatible is another matter......

Reply to
ebme.technician

All motor factors are doing there own make as it is cheaper , and propley just as good,

Reply to
Chris

you would think that "slick 50" would actually mention the stuff on

wouldn't you. If they do I cant find it. I will admit that; until the previous post with the link, I had know idea they did power steering fluid.

GGJ

" snipped-for-privacy@g2recruitment.com" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@y5g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...

Gary G Jones

Hi, I decided to play it safe and popped down to my local Peugeot dealer and bought the recommended fluid. £8 for a liter (ouch) but at least I know its the propper stuff lol (I can speak the queens englich yo know lol)

Cheers for your help Guys Robert

Robert Lampard