Pug 806 - General Questions

Having read a few posts from unhappy people with 807's who in the main appear to wish they still had the 806 it made me think.....

Have recently purchased a 2001 806 LX 2.0 Auto (petrol). Really wanted a diesel but they didn't do a diesel auto in the 806.

Dissappointingly have just had to shell out rather a lot to my local (Brighton) Pug dealer to investigate a fault with the auto box - they changed the multi function switch (to no avail it turns out). Eventually, via contacts (I'm in the Bodyshop game), KAP in Folkstone did me a storming deal to replace hydraulic units in the auto box and the problem is fixed (apparently this was a well known issue (except it appears to the Brighton Pug dealer) and mine was the first one they'd had that was outside warranty.

My question to the group is what else do I need to keep an eye on with the 806? The lack of any available DIY manual worries me and I really do not trust my local dealer (he did notice I had a brake light out when doing the MF switch and offered to replace the bulb whilst in the workshop - 20 quid sir !!!! - I declined !).

Any info gratefully received.

Thanks /Paul

Reply to
Paul Dewey

we had the 2L petrol with manual box only real problem we had was with bulbs blowing, otherwise it was excellent mechanically.

wish I'd gone for an 02 reg 806

LJ

Reply to
in2minds

I had an N reg 2 litre petrol 806 with a manual box from new till 2 years ago and I can't remember any problems at all, not even bulbs. If you remembered where the humps in the torque curve were, you could row it along pretty quickly.

If only they came with the 2.2HDI and rear disc brakes I'd still be driving one.

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

was

till 2 years

If you

row it along

Thanks for the info guys - still wish I could get some sort of Haynes or equivalent manual though!

Needs a service now - however have worked out how to get to the plugs now!! Quite fun under that bonnet really :-))

Reply to
Paul Dewey

you should try the 807, just changing a headlight bulb is an exercise in keyhole surgery (c;

LJ

Reply to
in2minds

They did come with the 2.2HDI engine (I know cause I've changed one a couple of months ago--what a game that was!!) but no discs on the rears though

Reply to
nigel

Bet you were glad it wasn't an 807...

To be fair, the brakes always did what I wanted them to do, they just weren't very confidence-inspiring. I always got the feeling that too much was being done by the fronts

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson