pulley

Dont all say at last. i have got the pulley. =A377.43 plus vat and it came from a pug garage, cant be bad ? all i got to do now is fit it have made my self a puller just incase it dont fall off.so i am very happy its about time hahahahaha catch you all later with up date.

Reply to
Chrs

I was talking to my repairer the other day and he tells me that GSF have now brought out the option of a solid, rather than rubber bonded, pulley for the

406HDI.
Reply to
Keith Willcocks

Keith what about the 405's??

Reply to
Chrs

He didn't say, you will have to ask them. I mentioned yours to him and he was surprised because he had not heard of 405s having that problem. However, when I told him yours had done 250,000+ miles he reckoned it was entitled to give up on a wear and tear basis.

It seems that the problem is normally only experienced with early 406 HDI engines. Petrol, turbo diesel and later HDIs have a different design (as do

405s).
Reply to
Keith Willcocks

Well Keith iam going todo the job on sat or sun as i have other things to do this week,should only take about 1.5 hrs if all gos well.i will let you know.

Reply to
Chrs

Rather you than me. Keep me posted. Incidentally, my hybrid 406 broke a coil spring last week. It was sitting in the car park of Sunbury Manor School (where I am a governor) and the head's PA heard what she thought was somebody slamming a car bonnet, but when she looked there was nobody around. What she heard was my offside front coil spring bisecting itself. It was when my Mr Fixit was repairing it that he told me about the new solid pulleys.

Keith

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

I cant wait to do this pulley as it been getting worse with noise,got a cord-less drill to undo the bolt, person said it will undo it with no problem,(i wait and see)dont fancy pulling around with big bar or useing a big hammer hitting the bar with socket,

Reply to
Chrs

Let us know how you get on.

Keith