Radios

Hi froup, I want to take the cassette radio from a 2001 1.4 LX and replace it with a CD player. I see them on ebay for 60 notes or so and have asked if they come with code. Usually it's "yes".

Would it still need matching to the ecu or do I just bang the code in once the CD player is installed?

The other idea is that I have a brand new JVC CD player with a 'standard' connector on the back of it. I haven't taken the original radio/cassette out yet so does it have the same connector and can I just plug it in? I see facias again on ebays to match the fit.

Thanks for any help - Dave

Reply to
Just Another Peugeot Fan

All the radios in Peugeots I have sen have the standard ISO connectors, so if yours has the same, no problem. Don't know if that year still required a code, or is the later type. Does your existing radio use a code? Why not pull it out and check the model number?

Reply to
Brian

Thanks got round to pulling the radio out and the code was written on the back of it! A previous owner must have been down that route.

I also managed to find decoding programmes for several makes of car radios so if anyone wants a code ask and I'll try to help. From what I can see Ford might as well not have any codes they are that easy to over ride.

Reply to
Just Another Peugeot Fan