Re: 306 td starting probs

Just book it in a good dealer, a P2 service should sort it out.

Saves messing about.

Hi there > > My 306 is taking a few efforts to get started in the morning, not too unlike > myself!!! > > I rekon its needs a good service, but never having done a diesel engine > service before :- > > a) what bits will i need ? > > b) are these glow plugs easy to swap out ? > > c) what else do i need to know before diving in > > thanks in anticipation > > > >
Reply to
Fookin

you'll need a fuel filter, oil filter, good oil such as magnatec or Castrol GTD, air filter and 4 glow plugs. the plugs are difficult to do but not impossible. YUou need to remove the intercooler and will probably need a long socket and some patience for 2 of them as the fuel filter housing gets in the way. Cost is around £50. Don;t buy cheap glow plugs. They die quickly and are a waste of money. Dealer plugs are better for once. Halfords ones are poo i'm told.

Simon

Reply to
SimonDS

I can personally recommend the Bosch Duraterm plugs. The Halfords own brand ones only lasted me a few months.

You might find a deep offset spanner useful to replace the plug behind the fuel pump.

Good luck.

Shaun

Reply to
Shaun