Re Cambelt tensioner

I finally got my car back yesterday, after a 7 week wait for the tensioner and nearly £850 !! I doubt it has been worth it as the car is 6 years old and the work cost maybe a quarter of the cars value (opinions?) But it's lovely to get back behind the wheel of a grunting V6 and out of the Corsa

1.2 courtesy car. I'm deffo not planning to get rid of it for at least 2 years. All V6 406 owners & potential owners be very wary, cambelt changing is expensive and time consuming !!!

You'll like this one too...........

Took the car back to an exhaust & tyre depot today, had a full system fitted in December last year, cost £190, which I thought was a result. Problem has been the car grounding out on speedbumps etc when loaded (5 people) I'd had a look underneath and it looked like a bracket had come loose or was missing. Anyway, the guy takes a look and tells me it's the wrong exhaust !!! Now face an agonising wait to see how much difference I have to pay for a Pug only system. Any ideas??

Hopefully my luck is changing LMAO

Reply to
Chris