M reg Peugeot 306 - the bloody alarm

My wife has a 306 with the keypad style immobiliser on the centre console in frontof the gearstick.

We went on holiday for a fortnight and, as usual, the battery was flat as a pancake so when she tried the ignition the alarm went off. This has happened before.

I got it jump started but now, whenever a door is opened the alarm goes off and it is driving me nuts. I do not know the default code for the car as we bought it second hand and have no docs. We did have a new security unit fitted a year or so ago because after a repair we did not know the code that had been punched into the old one. Anybody got any ideas on what I need to do to sort it out?

Reply to
Steven Kinch

i had a similiar problem with my 306 xsi the alarm was constantly arm there for always going off.try taking the main fuse out of the fuse box the reset it it cuts all the power to the alarm and clock so you will have to reset the clock its in the middle of the fuse box looks a bit different from the rest try that it worked for me.

i would say the keypad is nothing to do with the alarm it just immobilsers the car not the alarm. try it it cannot do any harm

Reply to
jmclk

the keypad is seperate the fob switches off the alarm does the fob work?? as for the keypad what code did you type in before ? cos it should still work

Reply to
Mindwipe