Remote control Problems

Hello. I hava a 99' 406 Hdi, not the latest version, and i´m having problems with my remote contro, in the key. Sometimes it used to work (lock and unlock doors), but now it doesn't, so i have to open the doors with the key. My local Peugeot dealer tell's me that i have to change all the circuit. Is there any other way? Thank´s in advanced.

Reply to
Touring

Interesting ... Have you changed the battery? If that's not the problem, than I would try to dose the interior of the key with electrical contact spray before changing the circuits. Has anyone tried the contact spray on a key?

IPG

Reply to
Ívar Pétur Guðnason

Probably a silly question but you have checked the battery haven't you?

Reply to
Buccaneer

Try re-coding the key, the sequence is given further down somewhere...

I had to do this after changing the battery.

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

"Touring" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Sounds expensive.

Reply to
southpawArcher

Try re-initialising the key. This happened to me a couple of years ago on a 98 406. The dealer told me to put the key in the ignition, turn the ignition on, hold the big button for 10 secs followed by the little button for 10 secs. Turn the ignition off, pull the key out and then try locking/unlocking whilst still in the carl

Hope this helps

Reply to
Redders

I don't think that is the correct sequence...

I think the correct sequence is to insert key, turn to ignition position 2, press big button for ten seconds, turn ignition off and remove key. Should now work.

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

Thanks for all the answers! First, yes i´ve changed the battery, it´s a new one. My remote only has one buton, wich lights a red light. In the weekend i tried to dismantle the light next to the rear view mirror, ´cos i thought the receiver could have dust in it, like i read here somewhere. I´ve tried to keep the key in 2nd position, press the buton for 15 secs and then tried to open... no luck. My local dealer tells me i have to put a new system... very expensive! Does anyone knows where is the receiver that controls the signal. I think i´m going to buy a second hand receiver and change it my self!

Reply to
Touring

On my 1992 405 it is in the consul on the roof where the roof light is. Try ebay, people always scrapping PUGS.

-- troubleinstore Email address in posting is ficticious and is intended as spam trap Personal mail can be sent via website.

View my auction items on eBay & eBid:-

troubleinstore

peugeot 406

I had the same problem, remote didn't work, could only open car doors with key, tried the method suggested, ignition in pos 2, pressed large button for 10 sec, withdrew key and Bingo, remote now working, thank you very much for that info, very gratefu

-- allypally49

View this thread:

Send from

allypally49