Seat Belt Indicator

In my 306 i have a seatbelt indicator (a light on the dashboard if you do not wear the seatbelt) only for the driver seat. Should it also work for the passenger's seat ?

Reply to
Adrian

Don't know if it should, but mine never did...

Reply to
Roebear

"Roebear" schreef in bericht news:ns%oc.3440$ snipped-for-privacy@news-text.cableinet.net...

No is doesn't work for the passenger's seat.

Reply to
VTR16V

No - it has no way of knowing if a passenger is present!

The drivers side lights up whenever the ignition is on and the belt is not buckled.

Reply to
Gunslinger

I think even old metro's had a sensor in the passenger seat!

Reply to
Chris

As did the Austin Princess!

Used to have a orange rectangle on the dash that used to blink and beep constantly, and that was in the days before Seat Belt wearing was compulsory.

Reply to
Nick (UK)

Yep, and saab+volvo since the early 70's. Volvo's buzzer/flashing was highly irritating - thankfully minus the ignition interlock that plagued US cars...(Had to fasten belts before starting car..)

Reply to
Chris