Strange noises!

Started my V reg 306 HDi this morning about to set off for work and after about 30 seconds the cars running noise actually changed from a normal sound to a very loud dull (bad boy exhaust) noise as I set off. It is a little frosty and damp this morning but I've never had this before anyone got any ideas?

I've only just had a full service so...

Reply to
stevehtee

Check the turbo boost pipe has not com adrift,its a big pipe about 3" in diameter ,,somewhere between the air filter box and the inlet manifold,

Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy.

I have had about two\three turbo pipe replacements so far (had car about 4 years now) so it could well be that it seems to be a common fault. I have to say though that it actually sounds like the exhaust but I did notice a slight underpowered effect when I was driving it..

Reply to
stevehtee

It was actually the CAT box that had snapped in two! :/

Must be all the bloody speed bumps nowadays finally took its toll, probably be my shocks next! :(

Thanks for suggesti> Fitzy. wrote:

Reply to
stevehtee