Total gearbox Oil

The manual for my peugeot boxer van specifies Total gearbox oil but gives no details. What is it viscosity - anyone know?

Reply to
Dystopia

Hi,

I'd bet it is 75W80.

Regards,

-- G.T

Reply to
G.T

I would agree with that, all the Peugeot gearboxes I have dealt with have used EP 75/80, but 75/90 would also be OK.

Reply to
Brian

And a little bit of sawdust hahahahaha

Reply to
Chrs

Thought the sawdust was for back axles and a nylon stocking did it for the gearbox.

I am thinking of replacing EP with a fully synthetic 5 - 40. My local mechanic who is well up on these things says it might be better and I know that when I used it in a VW it produced a much smoother gear change.

Reply to
Dystopia