tow bar wiring 206

Hello, This morning I have fitted a peugeot tow bar to my 206 sw (estate). The last thing I have to do is to splice the 7 core cable into the car's wiring loom - but I'm clueless as to which wires in the loom does what... I thought I was sure the car was multiplexed, but looking at that loom there seem to be enough wires there to do everything neccessary at the back of the car without need for muxing??

Anyway, does anyone out there know where I might find the info needed to identify those cores? ie a wiring schematic.

Ta P

Reply to
pgoodwinuk

Did you not get the wire instuions with the towbar kit?

Reply to
Chrs

Certainly I did, but these only relate to the towbar kit, not the particular vehicle it may be used on. I need to identify which colour wire in the cars loom is the brake light, the right indicator, left indicator, chassis etc so I can spice in the 7 core towbar cable.

Reply to
pgoodwinuk

Can't help with the wiring diagram, but you can buy a vehicle specific plug in loom kit , for certain cars if you don't want to cut into your wiring, Have a look at

seems to be selling a good few for Peugeots of various sorts GGJ

Reply to
Gary G Jones

Top tip thanks for that. =A372 is a bit steep there though, seeing as I only paid =A325 off ebay for the towbar itself. (its a Bosal, Peugeot approved with a detachable swan neck. Bargain!) But, if it has any relay's in the kit that are necessary I might have to consider it. Someone has suggested I just DIY it and get the voltmeter to ID which core does what. Even if the car is multiplexed, all you're doing is coming off the lighting cct in parrallel to connect extra lamps, so I can't see there being a problem doing that...? Thanks P

Reply to
pgoodwinuk

Just trace the wires from the tail lights. Note that if your car has a warning light for burned out brake bulbs in the instrument cluster, you may need a relay for the brake light wire.

Top tip thanks for that. £72 is a bit steep there though, seeing as I only paid £25 off ebay for the towbar itself. (its a Bosal, Peugeot approved with a detachable swan neck. Bargain!) But, if it has any relay's in the kit that are necessary I might have to consider it. Someone has suggested I just DIY it and get the voltmeter to ID which core does what. Even if the car is multiplexed, all you're doing is coming off the lighting cct in parrallel to connect extra lamps, so I can't see there being a problem doing that...? Thanks P

Reply to
Ívar Pétur Guðnason