tuning307.!!!ATTENTION

I have new Peugeot 307 from 2003 years. Could You help me with tuning???? PLEACE

Reply to
kukis

YES!. Pleace help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U¿ytkownik "bRkiX" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news:bvqkn8$d85$ snipped-for-privacy@ls219.htnet.hr...

Reply to
kukis

I'm sorry, but I just had to laugh!

I think he meant "Which sort of engine?"

Reply to
naJ

Could you help me? It's very important for me! U¿ytkownik "bRkiX" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news:bvqkn8$d85$ snipped-for-privacy@ls219.htnet.hr...

Reply to
kukis

LOL... Are you sure you bought a car? muhahah.. he is asking the cc of your engine.. I was thinking about asking the same question, I just bought a peugeot

307 1.6 XT.. I bought it with 17" wheels which, I guess, will drop the power of the car due to friction. I don't know if I am right, but in that case what kind of simple tuning can I do on the engine to restore the performance of the car? I was thinking air intakes but I have no idea about tuning..
Reply to
onyx307

Not really - the rolling riction of the wheels is tiny unless they are grossly underinflated. It also depends critically on the rubber compound used, and it is quite possible that the rolling resistance is lower than it was originally. If the new wheels & tyres were selected properly then the rolling radius of the new wheels should be the same as the original ones. If this isn't the case, and the rolling radius has been increased, then the effective gear ratio of the car will also be increased, which gives a reduction in in-gear acceleration.

Intake/exhaust modifications can only make a difference if the original items are restrictive, and even then the difference is in the upper-most region of the rev range. You might be able to extract ~3 or 4 Hp extra, but you won't notice it. The only real justification for these mods is that you want a nicer noise.

Reply to
Andrew Kirby

Larger rims are heavier. More rotating mass = slower acceleration.

Reply to
Jens Kr. Kirkebø

Larger moment of inertia = slower acceleration, yes, although moment of inertia is not simply related to mass, so you can't assume that heavier wheels are worse for this. Also, this is a _tiny_ effect - the fraction of torque at the wheels which is required to accelerate the wheels themselves is miniscule. You can demonstrate that by jacking the front of the car up, selecting a gear and flooring the accelerator - the speed increases _much_ more quickly than doing the same thing when driving on the road.

Reply to
Andrew Kirby