Peugeot 307 Air Filter

I have a Peugeot 307 1.6s Hdi 90 hatchback, 07 reg, and need to swap the air filter but can't find the obvious plastic box that I've known on other cars I've had. Is it hidden away somewhere unobvious and if so, which bits do I have to remove in order to get at it?

I've not had to do any work on this car before so would appreciate if you guys could give me some directions/instructions.

Thanks and Merry Xmas.

JW

Reply to
JW

just follow the air pipes back till you find the way in. on the 306 diesel the air filter is reached from underneath on the passenger side, so have a look there first.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I did that and kind of discovered that it seems to be well below the scuttle cover so means I have to get tools out to change an air filter! Just wondered if I was missing a mechanics trick and it really was obvious. Can't get under the car to attack it from that direction.

(Why are modern cars so difficult to work on? "I remember when all this was fields/concrete", etc)

Thanks for the help anyway MrC :)

JW

Reply to
JW

I did that and kind of discovered that it seems to be well below the scuttle cover so means I have to get tools out to change an air filter! Just wondered if I was missing a mechanics trick and it really was obvious. Can't get under the car to attack it from that direction.

(Why are modern cars so difficult to work on? "I remember when all this was fields/concrete", etc)

you only have to work on one, try doing 8 hours a day 5 1/2 days a week on them !!!!

Reply to
reg

Reply to
Andy Cap

I'd thank you for the help but the violin's are drowning it out....you don't know what a technical architect has to do to earn money!

45 hours a week changing air filters sounds like a nightmare tho' .

You guys always spend your time answering my stupid questions and it's brilliant. Thanks so much.

JW

Reply to
JW