Warning light problem on 406

Can anyone help with a problem I have on my 2000 406 Rapier? Whenever I switch on my air conditioning a warning light comes on that tells me the engine temp is too hot. This happens even when the engine is cold. I have changed the sender unit located in the thermostat housing but no luck. I would appreciate any help with this problem. Thanks - Steve

Reply to
Steve Moisy

Check the relays next to the fan units behind the front grill, under a long plastic cover. Also adjacent to these are the resistors. Remove these (one screw) and check the connections for corrosion and the windings for breaks (common). Note they are colour coded, grey and black. Any corrosion found try and clean up, but may need to renew the component. Also check the plugs to the components for burning and/or corrosion. Clean up as necessary or if really bad the loom is available and easyish to change.

Reply to
nigel

Thanks Nigel as soon as it stops raining I'll give it a try Cheers Steve

Reply to
Steve Moisy

Try the connectors round the Bitron sensor if you have one. My Citroen does similar things intermittently which seem to be cured by fiddling with the connectors

Reply to
Malc