weird problem....306 clocks and steering wheel

Hi I have a 306 19d 1997/8, ok, I am 6" tall and as I sit in the driving seat I cannot see the bottom lights i.e.. STOP. also I can just about see the distance counter, def cannot see the total distance (mileage counter) the steering wheel is set to its lowest position, even had the cover off to check its not stuck. also I feel that the top of the steering wheel is a little further away than it should be, I strain to do a U turn (not doing a good job of explaining myself here) the wheel doesn't seem to turn as though it has been buckled or bent at some point.........so is this normal or should I look into a new wheel, the car drives perfectly otherwise and flew thru its test......, oh and my seat is pumped up high if you get my drift?

Any help would be nice......take care all

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon

You are 6 inches tall? I think you are doing extremely well to drive at all....

/pedant

Reply to
Albert T Cone

oops. I mean 6 feet tall, smart ass........lol

Reply to
Gordon

If you are 6' tall, surely that should be the other way round. Steering wheel at its highest setting, with the seat at its lowest??

-Mark

Reply to
Mark Rae

Hi,

Yes, that's what I'd do too, being 6" tall too. BTW, from experience, in a

306 the seat shouldn't be full back, but 1 or 2 steps before its max (personal estimation).

HTH, G.T

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Thanks for all the help.......