well

On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 21:00:39 +0100, Chris wrote as underneath my scribble :

This group is gradually dying like many others as most of the newer computer users and the young dont even know usenet exists and it never gets any publicity. C+

Reply to
Charlie+

It has been kind of quiet lately hasn't it. Me, I'm busy with grand parenting duties in the school holidays.

Reply to
Tinkerer

"Charlie+" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

I noticed that too. Many nntp groups seem to be dying... I suppose everyone is moving to the new nonsense trends on internet.

Reply to
Linea Recta

snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

A group thrives when there are problems about which people can share ideas/solutions. I have owned a 504, 505, 406 and now have a 407. There is no question that, from the 406, problems have been much less frequent. The fuel/engine/electrics management systems are very reliable. But the same factor has sharply reduced the scope for us to fiddle. I understood every link in the fuel/drive chain up to the 505. I could solve/fix most break-downs. Just as well the 407 is virtually trouble- free because, if the thing stops, I have very little idea of what to do about it (except call for help!). I am in groups on health-related topics and these show no signs of losing members - well there is considerable turnover but no change in the level of interest/activity.

Reply to
Ken