What's the groups policy on selling?

Before I do it, just wanted to check what this groups stance is on offering items/service for sale?

I'm planning on selling copies of the Peugeot electronic parts catalogue

2003 (3 CD's) along with the repair procedures and repair times (3-4 CD's) which would be on 6 or 7 CD's - I think theres enough interest in this group.

Cheers Chris

Reply to
Chris

I would be interested in buying.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason

Could you mail me (remove `thebairns` from the address) with details if you don't want to post details in the group.

Ta

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason

Are you sure that the copyright will alow you to sell copies?

Tobi

Reply to
Tobias Meyer

Hello,

I the copyright doesn't allow this. Moreover I'm sure these CDs are designed for use by Peugeot crew only (techs, and so on).

Regards G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Tobias Meyer wrote in news:12lahht8iuta0$.dlg@bf- vln.de:

You've obviously not seen Ebay recently then lol

Take a look for 'Peugeot Parts' - yes, they are all copies!

Reply to
Chris

So what? Are they all legal copies? I'd rather be careful with that kinda thing!

Tobi (a german, where violating the copyright is a very bad thing :-( )

Reply to
Tobias Meyer

Jim Mason wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.freeserve.com:

I've sent you an e-mail Jim.

Cheers Chris

Reply to
Chris

Hello,

Auch ist es sehr schlecht, aber du, in Deutschland, hast du die Autobanhnen, mit ein bischen ohne blöd max Geschwindigkeit zu 130km pro Stunde :-) OK, ich habe nicht auf einem Autobahn geführt... Ich war nach Deutschland nur ein mal, in Freiburg, Schwarzwald :-)

Tobias, ich hoffe dieses Text hat nicht zu viele Fehler, weil ich seit 6 Jahren nicht Deutsch sprechen - dieses Antwort war wie ein Spiel für mich :-)

Tschuß, G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Hi Tobias,

Oh, BTW, forgot to answer this part of the message :

Mmmm, obviously not.

Oh, Tobias, if you ever had one of these CD sets for, say, one hour, sure you'll burn it for yourself ! OK, copyrighted work, but we should have the right to access this kind of technical data, as we : 1/ are Pug owners (at least) ; 2/ are Pug fans ; 3/ These are just blueprints, parts numbers, and perhaps service notes - nothing confidential as prototypes or any other R & D documents.

*** For an hypothetic Pug employee reading this : why couldn't we have one of these CD-sets ? ***

And you'll note I feel far better with english than with german :-)

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

:-)

That's what I though.

Yeah, maybe, but I wouldn't post to a newsgroup something like "I'll sell these CDs!"! I think that was rather unsafe for Chris.

#1 applies to me and I agree. Haynes manual, or in my case "Jetzt helfe ich mir selbst" does not cover everything :-(

Fine with me :-)

Tobi (also kind of a Canadian)

Reply to
Tobias Meyer

Man kann mit den Gesetzen zum copyright leben. Sie sind trotzdem nicht toll. Autobahn ist nett, aber man braucht richtig schnelle Autos und eine richtig freie Bahn. Ich habe beides nicht (VW Passat CL -> 160km/h, Pug 306 1,8l ->

180km/h).

Ne, ist gut zu lesen :-)

Tobi

Reply to
Tobias Meyer

Hallo,

Ja, wir können. Ich habe viele originale CDs, aber nicht alle.

Schnell fahren immer braucht eine freie Bahn. Kein Glück, du hast zwei Enten :-) Bah, ich habe ein 205D, nicht schneller als ein VW. Best Zug mit Deutschen Autobahnen ist zie kostlos sind. Hier muß man besahlten.

Tschuß, G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Hi Tobias,

Neither would I. It was pretty unsafe, but I'd bet it won't happen anything. I don't say this NG ain't under surveillance (why not, after all), I just guess Chris doesn't take any risk.

"Jetzt helfe ich mir selbst" can be translated into "do it yourself", abr : DIY. And, no, a manual never covers everything - worst manuals are the ones who cover what you don't need to know :-) I was wondering, just 'cause I'm curious, how hard is it to find service manuals as Haynes in Germany - for french cars, I mean ? Is there a German Haynes edition ?

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

I got a copy of this so called CD's from a mate who purchased online from the States I think. They were the biggest pile of shit ever and threw them away. Mate said only 7 CD's came along, no manual or anything.

Beware what u buy...better off saving your dosh for the book of lies...aka Haynes.

Cheers

Jim

Reply to
Jim

Hello,

Eh eh... "Real" DIY don't even consider the Haynes, at least in France. They just take the RTA, which is the better alternative - OK, B&W photos, but they show essentials, not how to perform an oil change :-)

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

What is the RTA?

That's what I remember Haynes being like - at least for a 198x's Dodge Truck...

Tobi

Reply to
Tobias Meyer

I'm afraid there are too many webgroups etc. about cars out there to check them all, so noone is actually interested in "our" small newsgroup.

I know :-)

Well, this one is mostly about the engine, something I do not usually touch since I do not have a really good place to park the car if I want to repair anything. I just need it for smaller things, it lacks some things here though. It is kinda neat for checking if the shop did everything they were told to do though.

I had to order this book because all book stores didn't have it in stock. There are two big brands for repair manuals in german - Jetzt helfe ich mir selbst and another one whose name I forgot. One of them covers all the cars the other one does not cover... But usually book stores only have one brand... It was no problem though and I had it the next day. Well I could have had it the next day if I picked it up the next day :-) I've been working with Haynes manuals in Canada and I would prefer one for my 306 since I think they are better quality (not the paper, the descriptions :-) ). English would not be a problem for me... I don't know if Haynes makes books in any other language than english, I don't think they make them in german. I couldn't buy one anyway since my book stores don't sell them. The only way would be amazon.

Tobi

Reply to
Tobias Meyer

Nö - wenn die voll ist macht schnell fahren noch mehr Spass *grins* ist aber auch riskanter *noch mehr grins*. Ich mag Landstraßen aber eigentlich lieber, wenn man da schnell fährt macht das mehr Laune als stur im 5. Gang über die Autobahn zu fahren.

Leider nicht, Citroen 2CV wäre ein schönes Auto das ich mir irgendwann auch nochmal kaufen werde!

Besser als gar kein Auto :-)

JA :-) Aber sie sind auch (noch) für LKW kostenlos und darum ist die rechte Spur eigentlich nicht zu gebrauchen :-(

Tobi

Reply to
Tobias Meyer

Hello Tobias,

Ooops, sorry. The RTA is the Revue Technique Automobile, a kind of Hayne's, but in B&W, with a higher level. It's rather designed for advanced users & / or mechanics.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T