03 Grand Am

I just bought a 03 grand Am V6. I have been reading a lot of bad things about the V6. I don't know what to expect from it. Any ideas.............

Reply to
markov

Always keep a close eye on your coolant level. Change your oil regularly....at least every 3000 miles or 3 months. Eventually you will have to change the intake manifold gasket. I wouldn't worry too much about it as GM has basically extended the warranty on the intake manifold gaskets to 5 year/100,000 kilometres in most cases.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

Reply to
markov

There is not real info on the extended warranty. It's what you might term one of those "hidden" good will warranties that GM just does when they finally realize that a particular product is so defective that they better ante up the money to fix the thing, even after the warranty is up.

But trust me, it's there.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai