1995 Bonneville

Ok, it has 184,000 on it and the tranny started making a weird grinding noise. Lost all forward and reverse gears. Long story short, I pulled the pan off and found metal shavings in the pan. So much matter of fact, the magnet couldn't hold it anymore. Anyone know what might have happened? Right now, the tranny and eng are almost out. Just need some more info before I rip the tranny open.

Reply to
TANYA LAWSON

Shep

Yea, I was looking at those manuals. Got a sneak preview of a Haynes at the local Autozone, but it didn't cover the 4T60E. Only the 4T60. So, will have to order the ATSG manual. Do you know if they have color pics in them?

Reply to
TANYA LAWSON

Reply to
Shep

was the car taken to the drag strip a lot?

I think pontiac installs some weak trannies in their cars....my 01 GTP needed a tranny rebuild at 65k. :(

I didn't have the time or expertise to work >You will know when you get it apart, better get a good manual to do this

Reply to
Paul Michaels