99 4.0L 4X4 Ranger Trans Dead

1999 Ranger 4.0 Liter 4X4 Automatic. Fluid level is okay and clear. No noticable noise.

Early today at 70MPH my OD lite started flashing. Ten miles later I lost all motion. By turning key all the way off and restarting I could creep forward 50 ft. or so then tranny again stopped working. I did this several times until I was off the hyway. No reverse at all.

Can anyone guess at what has happened? Any reply is appreciated.

Larry

Reply to
Larry Starr

Fred Mehlos