1995 Bonneville Head Up Display

Hello I bought a 1995 Bonnevile and the HUD isn;t working. We tried swapping one that we know works from our 1994 parts car with no results. Does anyone know if there is a fuse or a connector we should check, or other probable causes? The connections at the unit are fine.

Thanks for any help.

John

Reply to
News

This may sound dumb, but have you checked to make sure the 'brigntness' on the HUD is turned up? Some people don't realize that you can actually turn the HUD off with a switch. Other then that, IIRC, there are definatley fuses for the HUD. Check your fuse box. What model is the car? SE, SSE, or SSEi?

Reply to
80 Knight

Checked Brightness. The model is an SSE. The owners manual doesn;t specify the fuse. I'll have to run them down one by one!

Reply to
News

I found the problem. It was the dimmer switch assembly. Took one out of the parts car. Parts cars are wonderful things!

Reply to
News

Good to hear. You're lucky you have that parts car ;-)

Reply to
80 Knight