1998 pontiac sunfire, odemeter and radio lights dim cant read

my odometer and radio lights on my 1998 sunfire are dim, they no longer light up and cannot be read unless you have a light shining on them, they are fully function, you just cant see them, all fuses are ok...anybody have any ideas.

thanks

Reply to
taxsee

Not sure about the radio lights, but the dash lights or any other bulb on the car tend to turn black or silver as they get older, thus the reason for dim lights.

Just for the heck of it pull out a easy to get at tail light, brake light or side marker bulb and see if they are discolored and you'll see what I mean.

Good Luck.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~295,558 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Probably, you need the same bulb the guy uses in this example:

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

my odometer and radio clock/stations are both digital. I dont think there is a bulb, they both stopped illuminating at the same time

Reply to
taxsee

they are both digital and they both stopped illuminating at the same time....

Reply to
taxsee

the digital display is backlit with tiny bulbs. Unless your Sunfire doesn't have that orange color digital display?

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

could it just be a faulty switch or wireing going to the dash lights...assuming the lights come on only when the headlights are on..(i know some gms they are on constant with the ignition..)

Reply to
blah