2000 GPGTP 0717 Error

Just started throwing a 0717 error. I assume this is the transmission speed sensor, right? Looking into it, it looks like a royal PITA... the part costs peanuts, replacing it is simple -- but the labor charge is *4* hours because half the front end has to be torn apart just to get to it!!!

My question is, what's the downside of putting it off for awhile? Being "the season" cash is a bit short.

Reply to
jwardl

It's the input speed sensor, (or a bad connection somewhere). If the trans is shifting OK, then the downside is that you won't know if anything else goes wrong cuz the light is already on. If the trans is shifting poorly, well, that's a downside in and of itself, and may casue premature failures later on.

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh