2002 grand am headlamp replacement

looking for help on how to preplace a headlamp for 2002 grand am..

Reply to
jojopepper

Just went through it with my '01 Grand AM . There are some instructions in the owners manual .

1st step they didn't say was to remove the black plastic cover to expose the top of the headlight lens.There are 8 plastic plugs holding this in place.I used 2 flathead screwdrivers at the same time under each side of the plugs to pry them up without breaking them.Once the cover is off there are 2 clips holding the lens in place.Pull up on these ( maybe hard to do if never changed before)and this releases the lens from the car Pull the lens straight out from the car and turn the light socket slightly to the left to release the socket from the lens.The bulb unplugs from there. Replacing the lens into the car can be tricky .Make sure the retaining rods are back in place before you push the retaining clips back down again.

Good luck

Ed

Reply to
E.MacDougall