2007 Pontaic Grand Prix Sterering wheel squeak-update

Well, I took the car into the Dealer this morning and after checking recalls, bulletins and test driving, they have concluded it is something INSIDE the steering column that is rubbing on somehting. TA-DA. Hello!

So, they are stripping the steering column down. They said, I think I got this right, there is a "safety ring in place in the steering column, behind the air bag that gets dry and causes this squeak."

Supposed to have it repaired-lubricated by 5 PM today.

More later as the saga unfolds.

Bob...

Reply to
Bob D