2007 Grand Prix steering wheel sqeaks

2007 Grand Prix.
There is a squeaking noise that comes from the steering wheel when you turn it left or right making a turn. It is not loud but after a while it gets
annoying.
It sounds like it is between the wheel itself and the column. I suspect it is the brushes? for the horn and air bag contacts rubbing in the wheel?
Is there a spray that is used by the Dealer to lubricate these or is it a Dealer tear-off of the wheel and lubricate that way? I'm sure there is a danger in doing anything around the air bag.
Any help or advice will be appreciated.
Bob D...
I would like to know too, my Silverado does that and there are no controls in the steering wheel... just the horn & airbag. >;-(

I know you have a NEWER car but check the power steering fluid......
www.gpona.com

My Lesabre does this to, tracked it down to clock spring, very slight you have to really listen to hear it, do not spray anything into the coulmn

I have an appointment with Dealer Monday June 30 to have them fix it. I'll post what they did so all will know.
Bob D...

Here is the result of the repairs at the Dealers.
They tore the steering wheel off after doing the safety set-up on the air bag and found a bearing and seal down inside the steering column had dried out with no lubricant. They re-lubed the bearing and seal where it rubbed on the shaft and re-assembled the column.
Total labor was covered UNDER WARRANTY and was listed as $170.00.
I suspect it would be more than that if it was not under warranty which limits what they will pay.
Hope this helps all others with a similar problem.
Bob...
"Bob D" <> wrote in message

Have same thing with my '06 Montana SV-6. Here's what has happened so far...
They changed the rack and pinion assembly. Problem completely went away. Came back a few months later.
They then changed the boots on the rack assembly with a new type as per a GM bulletin. Did nothing to solve the problem.
I will be going back to have another rack and pinion assembly installed. When I get a minute. The assembly they installed was a reman.