2007 Grand Prix trunk lid

We have a used 2007 Grand Prix still under warranty and the trunk lid is so heavy it is a danger to small children and my wife. It has ONE strut on the right side and the original was worn out so I had them replace it under warranty. There are "knobs" on the left side hinge but there was not a strut installed there.

Is this the way the ^%$#@ thing was designed? Are they all so heavy? MOST other cars have a torsion bar system that takes most of the weight of the lid but this one doesn't appear to have anything like that.

Any and all answers or suggestions welcome.

Bob D...

Reply to
Bob D

I just checked mine and the left and right sides are mirror images of each other. There should be the same thing on each side.

Reply to
tbil99

Okay! Thanks for the reply. I will get over to the Dealer and demand the

2nd one be installed.

Reply to
Bob D