89 Bonnieville SSE fuel problem???

Please help any sugestions or new ideas would be great. I just got the car back from the shop cause it would not start. They replaced the Mod, Coil and the ignition. It ran fine for about 6 days now it will not start again. I have reason to belive that it is a fule problem, because

- I had it running while spraying quick start into the air intake, but as soon as it was running it stalled.

- The Vaccume pump on the fuel rail sounds like it is working, and the vale on the rail when pressed has gas, so i know that there is at least fuel getting there.

- Ive checked the fuses and the fuse relays, everthing was fine and just to make sure ive replaced them all with new ones.

- One other problem Ive noticed since I got the car back was a slight fuel leak just down from the pump, this was never there before i took the car in, could this have somthing to do with it?

anyone with some new ideas/ suggestion that i could try please let me know.

Reply to
Dimmu669

I had an 89 it was not a SSE though. Are you sure you saw a fuel leak at the fuel pump? The fuel pump is in the tank is it not. At least it was on my 89 bonnieville. Mine would not start and I did check for fuel at the test point on the rail. There was fuel there just not enough presure thats all. Changing the fuel pump is not an easy job it does need to be on a hoist.

Reply to
Tim Thomson

Yeah i know the pump is in the tank, and in order to get to it you need to drop the tank. the leak was actually just down the line from the pump just before the driver side rear wheel. a loose conection maby?!? but a pressure problem is an idea to look at, maby a plugged up vaccume line or somthing like that?.. thanks for the insight.

Reply to
Dimmu669

If I recall the fule filter is just in front of the driver side rear wheel or was it behind.......either way it was a biatch just changing the rusty filter

Reply to
Tim Thomson

If your leaking gas in front of the rear wheel check the gas line, gas hose or filter for leaks.

Harryface

05 Park Avenue 91 Bonneville LE, 303,555 miles
Reply to
Harry Face