01 prix pops in front end when backing and turning

we?re chasing this intermittent popping sound that seems to happen only when backing and turning. we?ve tightened the cradle bolts, replaced both struts, replaced a wheel bearing and just can?t seem to find it. any clues??

Reply to
gentleted2000

sounds like a cv joint.Check the boots for tears.

Reply to
bar1962

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

Karen K Symonds

"gentleted2000" wrote: > we're chasing this intermittent popping sound that seems to > happen only when backing and turning. we've tightened the > cradle bolts, replaced both struts, replaced a wheel bearing > and just can't seem to find it. any clues??

I have a 00 GTP and it was my tie rod..was poppin like crazy then finally gave out luckily pullin in my driveway...20 bucks at a auto part store..just count the threads so ur alignment wont be that off...took me 10 mins to replace

Reply to
MikeP