91 Grand AM Help

We just had the Plug Tower, coil housing and ingintion module replaced on our 91 Grand Am. Now it has a miss. Any ideas about what it could be? Did we not calibrate something? I had it done by a mechanic but he did it out of his garage and now has no idea what is wrong, Some mechanic eh? Anyhow, all help is apporeciated

Gary

Reply to
Gary Kendall

I am assuming your referring to the "Quad Four" engine. All that I can recommend at this point for you is to just check through some things yourself. Shouldn't be hard at all if you have any mechanical knowledge and simple tools. I would check plug gap, connections, and it's been my personal experience that those towers are touchy when trying to seat them on the plugs. I would verify that nothing got 'cocked' in there. I did that once, and it would miss, particularly on part throttle.

Tony

Reply to
Tony V.

Thanks Tony, I was kind of wondering about that myself, will have to check it out. Thank you

Gary

Reply to
Gary Kendall