91 Sunbird light minder buzzer

Greetings,

My light minder buzzer has never worked. I can't count the number of times I've killed my battery by brushing the light switch with my coat sleeve :-) My wife and kids made my life easier by buying me a jump-start battery to keep in the trunk, but it's only taking a surface charge now and needs to be replaced.

A long time ago I looked into buying a new module, and if I recall correctly it was expensive (hence, the battery). I think I'm ready for an honest to goodness light minder buzzer now. My problem is... I can't find it's location in the car. The electrical schematics clearly show the module (Hayes Automotive Repair Manual), but the manual is silent as to it's location. I've checked the obvious spots near the fuse block with no joy.

So, I have two questions:

1) Should I rteplace the OEM light minder buzzer - which I think is expensive - or is there an aftermarket alternative that's cheaper? I'm only interested in function! 2) If OEM, does anyone know where this thing is located?

Thanks in advance Jim

Reply to
James Reinsberg