94 ABS brakes

Hi All: New to group, enjoy. Really like my 94 bonneville. thinking of fixing abs system. last year started getting buzzing sound intermitant from under hood while backing up and then working on & off for a month or 2. then finally abs light and trac control light are on all the time. service center wants 1600 for front right sensor & some module. any ideas to try quick fix or rebuilds from yard? thanks, ed

Reply to
Adelphia

get the parts u need from a used auto salvage yard. i got an ABS assy for a 98 Grand Am from one for $150

Reply to
Nascar24Rulz

Thanks, Will be looking around, but not sure what module. I think the computer part is ok but the pump was buzzing. dont know if pump was buzzing because of sensor. maybe should get both units if available.

Reply to
Ed

If you have ABS and traction control like my car,the pump will buzz because of the ABS sensor. I have replaced mine two years ago. I have purchased an old one (hub with ABS sensor for around $100.00 (may be a bit cheaper).

Reply to
newsgroup

Hub with sensor? Is that the blue ring? and hub - sensor one piece. Thanks

Reply to
Adelphia

for the front, ABS sensor comes as one unit. I am not sure about the color of my old one but the one I bought is blue as well.

Reply to
newsgroup