95 Transsport heater core

Can I replace the heater core in my 1995 Transsport, or is this a shop only task?

Eddie

Reply to
Sandra & Eddie

I had a 91 that needed a core. The problem is the PCM and a lot of the elecronics are in a box infront of the header. It needs to be removed. The risk of the average joe messing up the elctronics is very high when that drive is the wife's. Figure about 4 hours shop time plus $150 or so for the core.

If there is an airbag invovled, there is more concern when working under the dash.

Best thing is to get the GM shop manual and read up on the procedure. Then make up your mind.

Good luck.

Reply to
Seppburgh2