97 Grand am....gets hot ..quits running

I have a 97 Grand Am. 2.4 Liter. Everytime it get warmed up and you shut it off, then it won't run when you start it back up or else it will quit on me. I have changed the ignigtion module, temp sensor unit, and fuel relay. All have been a no go, It STILL does the same thing. I would really like to drive my car..any suggestions????

Reply to
Marksberry

Hello Marksberry, Mike de vito here, sounds like a vapor lock pproblem where the gas to the engine gets so hot it evaporates before reaching the cylinders---------check fiel lines for excess heat,------check fuel pump also for correct presure when car is warm. Mike De ito

Reply to
Michael C De Vito

Vito is right its your fuel pump. Replace. Exact thing happened to me.

Reply to
punchpipe