bolting window regulator

please help me? I had the side window replaced on my grand am and the window began to fall gradually and after about 4 days the window fell all the way to the bottom of the door panel, I took it to a mechanic who says the window wasn;'t bolted to the regulator properly and it caused the window to fall breaking parts along with the regulator, the tech who did the original work says this is impossible, who is right, would the window fall immediately or would the bolt work loose gradually

Reply to
midnitemagic

Either or both. On your 1989 Grand Am some of the parts are bolted, some are glued. YOu will have to be much more specific to get a meaningful answer.

Reply to
« Paul »

this work was done on a 2001 grand am and I'm not sure but when I had the original work done the window was bolted and after the damage was done I had to have the whole regulator replaced and the pontiac dealership told me not to use the window for 24 hours due to glue drying time

Reply to
midnitemagic

The window sits in and is glued into a ... not sure what it is called - window holder. The holder is bolted to the regulator arms. The window has to be bolted to the arms, other wise it would fall off immediately. Glue does not work well in the cold. Are you in Canada?

In order to say more we would have to know what part broke or what actually occured. The are tens of possilities. Try to find out what actually happened - in detail.

Reply to
Paul

first I laughed, then I realized I don't know the name of that part either. I consider it part of the window, since it's not supposed to come off. After much thought...it's a regulator track. (as opposed to a window track which are at the front and back of the window) GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh