Bonneville AC Compressor says That's All Folks!

Well today when I took mother to the garden center for flowers the AC blew hot air for about a mile so I shut it off I Tried it again on the way home - about a 2 mile round trip - and still hot air was coming out.

No noises were heard. I shut the AC off seeing it wasn't working. I figured it might be low on freeon.

When we got home I looked under the hood. Turned the AC on - no click click was heard from the clutch engaging. smelled like rubber burning - and black dust like particles from the belt were flying around.

The clutch was turning in jerking 1/4 inch revolution and stopping and starting.

Looks like the cool rides are over.

Harryface

05 Park Avenue 91 Bonneville LE, 303,555 miles
Reply to
Harry Face

Not bad Harry! I hope mine lasts that long. NOw at 185k.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Reply to
Travis King