Radio-Cassette-Clock lost power - Camry 1998

Model: Toyota Camry CE Year: 1998 Place: Ontario, Canada.

Problem Description: The preset tuning of the radio and clock set for the built-in radio- cassette lost after few hours.

Problem reproduction scenario:

1) I tune the radio channels for preset buttons (there are 6 preset buttons), 2) I set the clock to current time, 3) Keep the radio and clock switch turned 4) The radio and clock turned on everytime I start the car and could switch channels by using the preset button, 5) But after parking for 6/7 hours, the radio and clock doesn't turned on and all preset condition got lost, 6) If the weather is warmer, then the duration of preset condition stays a bit longer, but eventually got lost.

Questions:

1) Is there any separate battery (power supply) for the radio- cassette ? 2) How to keep the channel preset and clock time be saved ?

Note:

1) Even though the battery is 2-years old, I don't have any problem about starting the car even at -20C.

Thanks in advance for any idea or solution.

Reply to
akarui.tomodachi

Basically, any clock,VCR or car radio etc, which saves the stations/time while there is a power-break, do it by relying on a small powersource within the unit itself. This can be a lithium button-cell or in some cases a large capacitor. I haven't checked this, but in a car-radio, it makes sense for the radio's clock and tuner-memory to use the car's battery supply asthe power-drain involved is incredibley small. However they may still use an onboard souce. If this is the case, the internal battery may have failed. If it uses the car's battery, there maybe an incorrect connection or a missing one.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James