Cruise Symbols

I noticed on some of the new cars I looked at that the Cruise Control stalk doesn't even have words on it anymore. Its all picture symbols for those who no reada or no speeka de english.

All the wording wore off my turnsignal lever so I had to consult the owners manual to refresh my memory.

Above the on off button it says Cruise, under that it says Off , On, R/A, which means Resume Acceleration.

2004 cars

On the Set button in the end of the turnsignal stalk is what looks like a little round speedometer dial with a needle pointing. Above the on off button are O, -, and a +.

O = Off

- ( minus ) = On

  • = Accelerate

Pittyful, just pittyful !

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~283,383 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

That's not so bad..I was in an 04 Sierra going up towards Michigan and they have this symbol on the dash that looks like a curly pig tail. I have never seen that one before. My gramps and uncle that were both in there also had no idea what it could be. To top if off they have a picture of it in the manual..but they don't tell what it's for.

Phillip Schmid

It looks like you're talking about the glowplug warning, meaning the Sierra is a Diesel. It's just to tell you that the glowplugs are warming up the cylinders and that you shouldn't start yet. Not a big deal in Summer, but on a cold day might be smart to look at.

About the symbols on the CC, that way they don't have to change anything when they ship the car to other countries.

Reply to
Simon

A neighbor friend of mine had no idea what was all the lights in his Ford truck. I pointed every one of them out to him: Battery, Engine Temperature, Seat Belt, etc. :) He has one of those dual-gas tank jobbers.

The curly thing could be your heater (heating coils are curled into a coil, etc.) or defroster. I could be wrong, but it kinda seems that might be what it's for.

-- ~ Fuzzie Dice ~ Car: 1987 Pontiac 6000 Knight Dreams (Restoration of Kitt)

Fuzzie Dice

I a diesel Mercedes, that exact same curly thing is for glow plug.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

Thanks everyone for telling me what that symbol is.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Ferd has been that way for decades. Low and High on the ends and everything in between is "Normal" That way they can use cheap gauges and sending units. Every Ford I've seen the oil pressure gauge goes right to the middle and never moves weither the engine is at 700RPM or 6,000RPM.

Reply to
Dennis Smith