95 Bonneville All Power Windows Won't Work

I'm a newbie when it comes to repairing cars and I hope that someone could help me with this problem with my 1995 Bonneville...

My power windows in the front drivers and passengers side have both stopped working and the drivers side is in the down position.

Thankfully I threw a tarp over my car last night as it poured overnight (and both front windows were down).

The drivers side does not work at all (for none of the windows). I managed to get the window up on the front window on the passengers side this morning(with much cursing and frustration) but it sounds as if there isn't much power there. The back ones aren't working at all from their own switches.

For some reason, the rear defog light on the dash is on as well;It happened after the windows stopped working so I'm not sure if that is connected to the window problem.

I'm not sure if I'm dealing with a fuse problem or motor problem or something else entirely!

Any and all help gratefully accepted...

Papa Joe in Canada

Reply to
PapaJoeCanada

both run off seperate 30 amp circiut breakers in the fuse box. Check there first.

Check the power window switch on the driver door next. Also check for cracked wires going through the door into the door jamb.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~291,332 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Also try removing the rear defogger fuse, then check the power windows for proper operation. You may have something grounded there that shouldn't be.

Reply to
markwb

especially check this point. I posted a few months back regarding pass. side PW in my 94 Buick Park Ave, and it was exactly this problem I was advised to check, and that was it! An all day job to rewire under the shadetree, but $$$ saved there helped defray the cost of the new a/c compressor I needed later in the summer.

the experts here rock!, hell, they even (as my kids will tell ya) RAWK!

Dave

Mir welle bleiwe wat mir sin (Letzebuergesch)

Reply to
munir fi Taiara Amudia