Dead '96 B'ville... HELP...

96 B'ville worked good all WE... This morning, Nothing... Battery is new, connections are tight, lights and acc. come on as normal... No Ignition... No Starter... No Clicking... Nothing. Moved the selector switch in and out of gear, tried starting in Neutral, Park... Even moved the car a few feet to make sure it was not a "Dead Spot..." This car has the security chip in the key, I'm going to buy a new one now (No Spare)... What else have I missed if this is not it???
Reply to
IronHead

Shep

In the olden days of yore (the 1980's and earlier), starters would often give signs of failing, like clicking several times then working, but on all the cars I see at work these days, they simply fail one day. A good whack by a hammer often confirms that the starter is bad, but that means you should buy a new starter that day, not bring a hammer with you for several months. (The later day starter can only live through one or two whacks.)

Not sure what you mean about moving the car and dead spot, unless there's a "bad tire switch" that year. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh