Delay in things starting up

I've got a grand am. If you've ever driven one of the newer ones you know that when you turn the key to start the car, the speedometer and tachometer spin all the way to the right and back to the left, then the radio kicks on and you're ready to roll. This whole process from the time you crank it up takes about 2 seconds. Recently, it takes a whole lot longer (6-10 secs) for the guages to do that and then the radio come on. Why would it do this? Its like the car takes awhile to realize its on. The battery and stuff is good. Thanks

Reply to
Jeff

Maybe you drove it through some time warp portal recently? They are known to hide out in automatic car washes.

Reply to
kato

I was thinking maybe he had that microsoft edition of the dash that was recalled....

Reply to
Joe